Saturday, March 27, 2010

Day 37 - Knee Slider


     This is a knee puck from my track pants the last time I wore them and that was at the end of the season in 2008. Nothing artistic about this shot, but it does hold a rather significant memory for me. For those of you not familiar with these, knee pucks (or knee sliders) are used to create a barrier between the knee of the rider and the asphalt when the knee is down in a turn. You can see the wearing along the edge and top of it from just a little dragging knee at Putnam Raceway. What's unusual about this puck is the dirt and grass embedded in it. :) There was only about 5 mins left in the last session of the 2nd day and I had a run off into the in field at around 75 coming around a turn called Dead Bear. Unfortunately I hit a dip, bump or hole causing myself and the bike to go flying. I walked away from the wreck, but the bike was totaled. That weekend was easily some of the most fun I've ever had. I got another bike that very next Spring but haven't been back to the track yet. I hope this year is my year to get back out there and bring home some pucks that are a little less dirt and grass filled.

No comments: