Friday, February 19, 2010

Day 2 - D'Test Monster


     So on to Day 2 and let's meet test monster. Test monster also has no name, sad I know. He is my original test subject chosen mostly because of his bright colors. You can see he has had a battle or two with the dogs, but he is no worse for wear. So on to the shooting stuffs, this was shot with the 7D and 100 mm 2.8 macro @ 1/250, f/5.6. Since he's a monster, and he thinks he's quite scary at that, I decided to make the lighting a tad bit more dramatic than what we did with the test monkey. Again I went simple and used a single 580ex with no light modifiers. On test monkey I used a large umbrella with the flash and the difference in the light is pretty significant.

     Who knows what Day 3 with hold in store and don't worry not every shot is going to be of old stuffed animals. Weekdays will probably provide for only pretty simple shots with little time to do much more and hopefully weekends will provide for subjects a little more exciting, but I make no promises. If you have any ideas feel free to throw them at me.

No comments: