Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Day 7 - Xavier's Eye


     Here's another macro shot that is a sample of things to come in this project. I'm currently planning on devoting at least a week solid to nothing, but shooting macro photos. Fortunately I have some pretty kick butt kids that are more than willing to help me in my craziness. Xavier was extremely patient while I maneuvered him forward and back and angled his faced every which way until I was happy.

      Some shot details: 7D and 100mm 2.8 macro @ 1/200, f/22. The flash you see in the eye is a bare 580ex and I think I actually like the flare shape caused by the lens. A little of my standard post processing in CS4 and there you are.

2 comments:

Chip Lynch said...

Oooh, I like. I have trouble taking eyeball pics -- the best I ever got was the one on the header on my website. Are you using a tripod here? Very nice.

Jeremi said...

Thanks! Yup I'm using a tripod on this. With the thin DoF from the 100mm and being so close I wanted to make sure things were as still as possible.